Saturday, October 21, 2006

Knox Brothers - A Night of Southern Gospel

O.K. so the pictures don't match the title of this blog, or have anything to do with it, but I don't have any pictures to correspond with the subject so I thought I'd share the two newest that I have of grandkids! It's Shae on his first day of school (Second grade! Wow, where does the time go to?) and Ashleigh on her first day of kindergarten (Kim and Ashleigh got up VERY early and were at school VERY early as well!)

We are still at Camp Monaco in Harrisburg, OR. One of the guys, Victor, that works part time here (he teaches the Women Only Driving, does several seminars and tours of the area, picks up parts, etc.) sings in a band with his five brothers, hence the Knox Brothers. They sing country gospel and have performed in 50 different states in the US and Canada! They have been performing for 30+ years together. On Tuesday night, Don & I joined our Monaco friends, Jerri & Lloyd Wood and traveled to Tangent, OR which is about 25 miles north of Harrisburg to see them perform. They also performed with a group, The Palmetto State Quartet. The Quartet comes from the Tennessee area with members from Georgia, Carolina and other eastern states. It really was an enjoyable evening with lots of great music. Don liked Victor's group much better, he said that the Quartet was just "loud"! They were loud, but both groups were great! Not sure we heard much "country" but it was all good!

Tonight Jerri, Lloyd and I drove to Eugene to hear the Knox Brothers perform by themselves. It was a fun night and again, another great concert! Tonight they had more country in their mix! It's pretty neat to think of 6 brothers singing together as a band for over 30 years! Not many bands have the same members after so many years! The church where they performed tonight was a beautiful facility and very modern as well! It was a great place to hold a concert!

It looks like we will be headed south on Monday. Not sure where we will go, exactly! I will fly to Arkansas to spend Halloween with Kim, Tim and Ashleigh later in the week but I don't even know where I will fly out of or back into yet! Guess it depends on where Don decides he wants to stay! Ashleigh would like us to drive there in the motorhome, but I don't think she realizes just how far away we are...or what it would cost in fuel! Monaco has finished up with all our repairs and warranty issues so we are now "good to go"! For now our plans are to be in So. California for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Prior to that we will spend a few days in Havasu, AZ with friends, Vicki & Steve Terra. Right after the New Year we will be traveling to Florida with friends from our Monaco group! Of course, more to follow as that gets under way!

No comments: