Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wildwood, FL

Finally made it to the Monaco Service Center in Wildwood, FL. We are a few days later that we were supposed to with no kitty and less money. We ended up having to purchase two new tires after our alignment at Josams showed extreme wear on the two front tires of the motorhome. Unlike car tires...the tires had to be ordered and run about $500 - EACH! Yikes! Wait until we have to call our financial advisor for some extra $$ this month! I always tell him that I feel like I'm asking my dad for money...even though it's our money!

We had to be at the tire dealer at 8:30 this morning. It wasn't too long before they had the new tires mounted and back on the coach and we were ready to roll. Wildwood is about an hour north-west of Orlando. We had to wait until 4:00 to find out if we would get a space, but we lucked out and got one. Our service writer has said that we should be able to stay here until Monday when we meet up with everyone to go into the Brooksville FMCA SEA (South East Area) rally.

Lots of coaches from the rally are here, but since it's a few days after the rally...they are slowly leaving as their work is finished. One of the first things I saw was this sign...

Haven't seen an alligator yet, but there is a picture in the lobby of the "Monaco Alligator". While we were waiting for a space, I tookTess to an open space and gave her a bath. Figured since she was clean, I could take her picture! These trees are at the "back side" of the pond. I have no idea what it is that's hanging off the branches, but it's certainly worth a picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicki,the "stuff" dripping from the live oak trees is called Spanish moss. Even used to stuff seats in old days. Looking forward to your visit in my area. In the meantime, safe travels!
hugs
dore